Job Postings | Landscape Construction Foreman – All Locations
Landscape Construction Foreman – All Locations
James Martin | January 13, 2021
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Responsible for leading a crew of 2-5 workers to complete commercial landscape projects involving Landscape, Hardscape and Irrigation while maintaining company quality and standards.
Duties and Tasks:
- Performs duties including various combinations of the following:
- Sod laying, planning, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, sprinkler installation, rock and compost insulation.
- Plants trees, shrubs, bushes and flowers.
- Snow removal using hand and power tools
- Operates a variety of equipment including, tractors, bob cats, rototillers and miscellaneous hand tools.
- Completes and submits daily work reports, work orders and payroll timesheets in an accurate and timely manner
- Takes responsibility for own actions when errors and mistakes are made to allow for learning from those mistakes
- Inspects and maintains assigned equipment and vehicles by checking fluid levels of vehicles and equipment
- Cleans assigned vehicles (as this is our billboard) and equipment
- Applies chemicals, fertilizers, and other hazardous materials following all safety precautions
- Strives to achieve safety for the traveling public
- Promotes a culture of safety in the workplace and reports safety hazards when observed
- Have a good eye for detail and perform duties to a high level of quality.
- Wear company assigned uniforms and be neat in appearance at all times.
- Follows all guidelines and policies on the use of cell phones and computers
- Provides courteous customer service; responds to questions and inquiries from the general public
- Relays citizen requests for service to Construction Superintendent as appropriate
- Demonstrate role model behavior on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting company culture
- Work with management, project management and field personnel
- Maintain open communications with all departments and personnel in regards to safety, job efficiency, product quality, and customer service
- Comply with Company policies and procedures
· May be required to operate motor vehicles including snow plow, one-ton dump truck, skid steer, backhoe, roller, tractors, mowers, air compressor, rotor-tiller, aerator, trencher, weed trimmers, trailer, chainsaw and hand tools,
· Reads and understands instructions; writes legible work reports and notes; communicates information and responds to questions individually and in small groups
· Must be able to operate a cell phone
· Performs simple mathematical calculations by hand or using a calculator
· Applies common sense understanding to carry out simple written and oral instructions; deals with standardized situations or problems involving a few concrete variables
· Physical activities include working in a confined space, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, and lifting for periods of time in various individual conditions.
· Must be able to lift a maximum of 60 pounds
· Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, ice, and heat. May be exposed to odors, smoke, noise, vibrations, dust, intense light and chemicals including cleaners, solvents, paints, and other toxic agents
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- Landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Foreman / Crew Leader: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply