Job Postings | Landscape Irrigation Technician
Landscape Irrigation Technician
Based at: Aurora Corporate Office
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Evaluate, program and monitor commercial irrigation systems for maximum water efficiency and distribution uniformity as well as trouble shoot, diagnose and repair all aspects of these systems.
Duties and Tasks:
- Ability to safely and efficiently repair and maintain commercial irrigation systems to industry standards including but not limited to clock programming and troubleshooting, backflow and pump systems maintenance and troubleshooting, valve and wire repair and troubleshooting, mainline and lateral repairs, head replacement and adjustment, drip system repair and adjustment, subsurface irrigation repair and troubleshooting.
- Full understanding of site-specific water requirements and how to program effectively and maintain a water budget.
- Training of other “junior” techs who may need additional training to well round their skills.
- Have a good eye for detail and maintain plant material to a high level of health & appearance.
- Be honest and perform duties in an ethical manner.
- Have good organizational and time management skills that apply to day-to-day operations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Manager concerning unforeseen obstacles encountered during daily operations.
- Comply with and abide by company policies and rules.
- Must be to work on time.
- Wear company assigned uniforms and be neat in appearance at all times.
- Turn in required paperwork on a weekly basis including system program sheets, timecards, work orders, fuel receipts, material receipts, damage reports, project notes, etc.
- Keep truck/van, assigned equipment, storage areas and yard clean and maintained to company requirements and standards.
- Must maintain a valid driver license and good driving record.
- May be required to operate motor vehicles including snowplow, one-ton dump truck, skid steer, backhoe, roller, tractors, mowers, air compressor, rotor-tiller, aerator, trencher, weed trimmers, trailer, chainsaw and hand tools
- Reads and understands instructions; communicates information and responds to questions individually and in small groups.
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out simple written and oral instructions; deals with standardized situations or problems involving a few concrete variables.
- Physical activities include working in a confined space, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, and lifting for periods of time in various individual conditions.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, ice, and heat. May be exposed to odors, smoke, noise, vibrations, dust, intense light and chemicals including cleaners, solvents, paints, and other toxic agents.
- Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Irrigation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)