Job Postings | Estimator – Landscape Construction – Aurora
Estimator – Landscape Construction – Aurora
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Responsible for seeking out and bringing in bid opportunities, review out going estimates, change orders and assist in all aspects of the bidding process
Duties and Tasks:
- Coordinate with estimating team on bid schedules to ensure on time delivery of all estimates
- Become familiar with project requirements, scope, drawings and specifications
- Successfully complete all necessary project takeoffs within the project scope
- Create thorough and complete estimate using WinEst software including all quotes and material spec
- Assist in the bidding process by estimating larger projects or by helping the other estimators with their projects when the bid schedule is full
- Review the estimate using the estimate file, plans, details and specs
- Make necessary adjustments, deletions, adds etc.
- Review the plan and specs to try to find a more economical/faster way of doing the job and still stay within the required specifications
- Review Change orders
- Procure all required information and submit to owner.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Writes technical and professional reports and correspondence using proper spelling, grammar, and style.
- Communicates information and responds to questions individually and in small groups
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions using a variety of variables.
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out simple written and oral instructions; deals with standardized situations or problems involving a few concrete variables.
- May involve lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. for short periods of time.
- Must have visual acuity to see and read paper and electronic documents.
- Sits for long periods of time, may walk, stand, bend, stoop, reach, climb carry and lift for carrying periods. Requires continuous and repetitive arm-hand-eye movement.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- One location