Job Postings | Landscape Construction Foreman – Loveland
Landscape Construction Foreman – Loveland
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for leading a crew of 2-5 laborers on the installation of a commercial landscape project.
- Employee is also capable of leading two or more crews of 2-5 on larger project.
- Employee must be able to coordinate work with the general contractor.
- Employee has expert working knowledge of most landscape and irrigation installation methods.
- Performs supervision, general labor and equipment operation duties including various combinations of the following duties and tasks.
- Must be proficient in equipment operation, including but not limited to, skid steers, trenchers, box blades and backhoes.
- Employee must have expert knowledge of construction drawings and be able to measure and read plans.
- Employee is responsible for field layout.
- Employee must be able to complete material requests.
Duties and Tasks:
- Takes Direction from the superintendent.
- Sod laying, planning, watering, fertilizing, digging, trenching, raking, sprinkler installation, rock and compost insulation.
- Plants trees, shrubs, bushes, and flowers.
- Operates a variety of equipment including, tractors, rototillers and miscellaneous hand tools.
- Completes and submits, work orders sheets and daily payroll timesheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Takes responsibility for own actions when errors and mistakes are made to allow for learning from those mistakes.
- Inspects and maintains assigned equipment and vehicles by checking fluid levels of vehicles and equipment.
- Cleans assigned vehicles (as this is our billboard) and equipment.
- Strives to achieve safety for the traveling public
- Promotes a culture of safety in the workplace and reports safety hazards when observed.
- Have a good eye for detail and perform duties to a high level of quality.
- Wear company assigned uniforms and be neat in appearance at all times.
- Follows all guidelines and policies on the use of cell phones and computers.
- Provides courteous customer service; responds to questions and inquiries from the general public
- Relays citizen requests for service to Construction Superintendent as appropriate
- Demonstrate role model behavior on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting company culture.
- Work with management, project management and field personnel
- Comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be required to work around motor vehicles including snow plow, dump trucks, skid steer, backhoe, roller, tractors, mowers, air compressor, rotor-tiller, aerator, trencher, weed trimmers, trailer, chainsaws and hand tools,
- Reads and understands instructions; communicates information and responds to questions individually and in small groups
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out simple written and oral instructions; deals with standardized situations or problems involving a few concrete variables
- Physical activities include working in a confined space, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, and lifting for periods of time in various individual conditions.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 60 pounds
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, ice, and heat. May be exposed to odors, smoke, noise, vibrations, dust, intense light and chemicals including cleaners, solvents, paints, and other toxic agents