Job Postings | Enhancement Laborer – Landscape Maintenance
Enhancement Laborer – Landscape Maintenance
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Performs landscape construction duties including various combinations of the following duties and tasks.
Duties and Tasks:
- Install materials found in planting beds including rock and mulch.
- Plant and remove trees, shrubs, bushes and flowers.
- Remove, prepare and install turf grass.
- Repair and install irrigation systems.
- Operate a variety of equipment including skid steers, loaders, tractors, rototillers, trenchers and miscellaneous hand tools.
- Take responsibility for own actions when errors and mistakes are made to allow for learning from those mistakes.
- Inspect and maintain assigned equipment and vehicles by checking fluid levels of vehicles and equipment.
- Clean assigned vehicles (as this is our billboard) and equipment.
- Strive to achieve safety for the traveling public.
- Promote a culture of safety in the workplace and reports safety hazards when observed.
- Have a good eye for detail and perform duties to a high level of quality.
- Wear company uniform to maintain a professional appearance.
- Follow all guidelines and policies on the use of cell phones and computers.
- Provide courteous customer service; responds to questions and inquiries from the general public.
- Relay citizen requests for service to Operations Foreman as appropriate.
- Demonstrate role model behavior on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting company culture.
- Work with construction, project management and field personnel.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be required to operate motor vehicles including snow plow, one-ton dump truck, skid steer, backhoe, roller, tractors, mowers, air compressor, rotor-tiller, aerator, trencher, weed trimmers, trailer, chainsaw and hand tools.
- Reads and understands instructions; writes legible work reports and notes; communicates information and responds to questions individually and in small groups.
- Must be able to operate a cell phone.
- Performs simple mathematical calculations by hand or using a calculator.
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out simple written and oral instructions; deals with standardized situations or problems involving a few concrete variables.
- Physical activities include working in a confined space, bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, and lifting for periods of time in various individual conditions.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions including cold, snow, rain, ice, and heat. May be exposed to odors, smoke, noise, vibrations, dust, intense light and chemicals including cleaners, solvents, paints, and other toxic agents
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Landscape Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Landscape Enhancement: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- All locations