Job Postings | Landscape Purchasing Agent
Landscape Purchasing Agent
Based at: Aurora, CO
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; authorizes payment.
Duties and Tasks:
- Purchase job specific materials for each ongoing construction job
- Supplier management – develop and maintain vendor relations
- Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services
- Resolve availability issues
- Track materials budget expenses on each construction job
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Develop and maintain project logs and spreadsheets
- Collect packing slips, review for accuracy, and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Issue, track, and verify purchase orders with quotes and invoices
- Initiate claims by obtaining credit on any defective or unacceptable goods with the supplier and take corrective action
- Coordinate with superintendents and document timely vendor material returns towards the close of each job
- Inspect and tag plants, trees, and boulders as needed
- Order rental equipment
- Communicate vendor concerns and/or issues to upper management in an effort to improve material flow efficiency
- Coordinate utility locates
- Manage inventory in the yard, trailers and conexs
- Assist PM team with submittals as needed.
- When scheduling sod, alert Maintenance Department, PM team.
- Assist PM team with all close-out documents including O&M’s, Warranty Letter, As-builts, etc.
- Maintain the warranty/ winter-watering spreadsheet with new jobs, warranty dates, maintenance, etc
- Maintain current material pricing within financial system.
- Demonstrate role model behavior on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting company culture
- Work with management, project management and field personnel
- Maintain open communications with all departments and personnel in regards to safety, job efficiency, product quality, and customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Writes technical and professional reports and correspondence using proper spelling, grammar and style.
- Communicates information and responds to questions individually and in small groups
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions using a variety of variables.
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out simple written and oral instructions; deals with standardized situations or problems involving a few concrete variables
- May involve lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. for short periods of time
- Must have visual acuity to see and read paper and electronic documents.
- Sits for long periods of time, may walk, stand, bend, stoop, reach, climb carry and lift for carrying periods. Requires continuous and repetitive arm-hand-eye movement