Job Postings | Project Manager – Colorado Springs
Project Manager – Colorado Springs
Based at: Colorado Springs, CO
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Responsible for seeking out and bringing in bid opportunities, review out going estimates, change orders and assist in all aspects of the bidding process
- Supervision of the estimating staff
- Research project Leeds from Daily Journals and internet website.
- Determine if the project is beneficial by:
- Determine the build schedule and compare it to current backlog
- Review Bidders list and any pre bid meeting schedules
- Review size and scope of work included.
- Accept or Decline bid invitation based on the above criteria
- Set up job by downloading/ordering all necessary documents
- Schedule project with appropriate estimator based on size, estimators current schedule, and experience level
- Assist in the bidding process by estimating larger projects or by helping the other estimators with their projects when the bid schedule is full
- Review Estimates
- Review the estimate using the estimate file, plans, details and specs
- Make necessary adjustments, deletions, adds etc.
- Review the plan and specs to try to find a more economical/faster way of doing the job and still stay within the required specifications
- Review Change orders
- Seek out upcoming projects that require a pre-qualification package for landscape and irrigation.
- Procure all required information and submit to owner.
- Project Management
- Assist project engineer with submittal process
- Price changes orders (if any) for each job and submit pricing for approval.
- Track project budget
- Order and complete irrigation analysis
- Determine cost savings, overruns, overbilled items, etc.
- Order and analyze plant and mulch material vs. bid quantities and cost.
- Assist project engineer with project closeout items
- Coordinate and hold weekly estimating meetings
- Participate in monthly Managers meetings
- Demonstrate role model behavior on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting company culture
- Maintain open communications with all departments and personnel in regards to safety, job efficiency, product quality, and customer service
- Comply with Company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads, analyzes and interprets technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Writes technical and professional reports and correspondence using proper spelling, grammar and style.
- Communicates information and responds to questions individually and in small groups
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions using a variety of variables.
- Applies common sense understanding to carry out simple written and oral instructions; deals with standardized situations or problems involving a few concrete variables
- May involve lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. for short periods of time
- Must have visual acuity to see and read paper and electronic documents.
- Sits for long periods of time, may walk, stand, bend, stoop, reach, climb carry and lift for carrying periods. Requires continuous and repetitive arm-hand-eye movement
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Construction Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Landscaping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place